Planning and building a feng shui house with good chi energy means following a few basic rules. By keeping these feng shui building tips in mind, you can create a promising home design that will allow positive chi energy to flow through any room.
Feng Shui tips when building a house
When choosing a plot of land for your new home, there are several home design feng shui rules to keep in mind. While it is possible to hire a feng shui expert to assess your location, you can also avoid common mistakes by following a few basic principles.
- A mountain behind your home is ideal for building on feng shui as it brings abundance to your doorstep.
- Feng-Shuipoison dartssuch as crossroads, church spires, and tall buildings, can draw negative chi energy into your home and should be avoided.
- don't build nearbysha chi(negative chi) Aggregations such as cemeteries, garbage dumps, hospitals, landfills or prisons.
- Dead ends can create a buildup of chi energy that becomes stagnant and unable to easily enter your home.
- Houses at the end of a street are in a difficult position as all the chi energy will flow into your house.
- Feng Shui tips and remedies for stairs to avoid bad chi
- Feng Shui Best Practices for a Lake Behind a Home
- Feng Shui Ideas for an East Facing Home
If you can't avoid any of these unfavorable elements, there are manyHeilmittel feng shuiYou can e.g. B. Apply to landscaping, walls, water features and more.
Hausplan nach Feng Shui
Favorable feng shui house shapes are rectangular, square, stepped and round. Houses with unusual or irregular shapes, especially L-shaped or those with missing corners and othersdifficult floor plansrepresent challenges that require feng shui remedies. There are design ideas and guides for every area of your home design that can provide guidance on enhancing beneficial chi energy.
Apply feng shui to the front door and foyer
Isfront doorand the entrance area of your home is a vital area as it is consideredChis Mundwhich allows positive energy to enter the home. By creating an inviting front entrance, you invite positive chi energy to enter and flow through your home.
Feng Shui front door rules
There are specific feng shui considerations for your front door as it is the gateway to inviting beneficial energy into your home:
- If you have a sidewalk leading to your front door, make sure it curves and winds. Avoid straight corridors that lead straight to your door; The chi energy will rush down a straight path and into your home.
- The front door should open into the house, never out. This allows the chi energy to enter and flow easily from the outside.
- A hallway that is separate from the rest of the house allows the chi energy to accumulate and then spread throughout the house. The lack of a foyer floods a home with chi energy that can often be overwhelming.
- Do not align the front door with a window or other door directly in front of it, as chi energy will flow through the front door and out of the house through the back door or window.
Design and design of kitchens feng shui
The kitchen is vital to the health of its residents. Ideally, it should be behind your house. The worst location for a kitchen is in the front, near or right next to the front door or in the foyer area. It is considered bad feng shui to look into or stand in the kitchen the moment you enter the house. This is especially true if the oven is right in front of the front door.
Feng Shui kitchen rules you should know
Basic feng shui kitchen rules can help you make decisions when planning your home.
- When designing your kitchen layout, follow the good feng shui layout of a triangle that places the refrigerator, oven, and sink at the corners of a triangle. This avoids mixingaguajfire elements.
- Don't position the oven and stove in such a way that you are forced to cook with your back to the door. If this is unavoidable, use a mirror behind the stove so you can see behind you as you cook.
- Don't put the kitchen in front of a bedroom door.
- Living, dining and kitchen areas must be on the same level.
- Avoid the kitchen and bathroom sharing the same wall or the bathroom door leading to the kitchen.
Room design according to Feng Shui
The bedrooms are best located away from the main activity of the house. The back of the house is the best place for the bedrooms. There are several feng shui rules that can help you find your bedroom.
Avoid awkward bedroom locations
Follow these tips to find your bedrooms in the most convenient locations:
- Avoid placing a bedroom at the top of a staircase with the bedroom door directly in front of the staircase.
- Don't place bedrooms directly above a garage, office, or kitchen.
- Don't look for a laundry room next to the bedrooms.
- Never look for a downstairs bedroom under an upstairs bathroom.
- The bed should not be on the same wall as a bathroom or closets.
Bathroom location for good feng shui
Because bathrooms have a significant impact on the good feng shui of your home, it is important to place them carefully when building or remodeling your home. In feng shui, the role of the bathroom in draining sewage from the home can generate negative chi energy. Follow the bathroom placement considerations to find the best placement in your home:
- Avoid abathroomDoor or closet opposite the front door, as these unfavorable locations have a negative impact on health and wealth.
- Don't put a bathroom under a ladder. The water element is considered unlucky for generational wealth.
- Avoid placing a bathroom directly above an upstairs bedroom.
- Don't look for a second floor bathroom above the kitchen.
Feng Shui for stairs
stagesIt can disrupt the natural flow of chi energy and should be placed in the most harmless places. If the most convenient location isn't possible, follow the guidelines for types of stairs that encourage positive chi energy to flow up the stairs in your home.
- The ideal staircase is wide and gracefully curving clockwise.
- The top and bottom landings of the stairs must not face the front door.
- If possible, avoid aligning a stairwell with a front door. Chi energy rushes up the stairs and the ground floor suffers from a lack of beneficial chi energy.
- Ladders work best along the outside wall of the house.
- Never place a staircase in the middle of the house, especially spiral ones. This creates a tornado effect for the chi energy to move back and forth and up and down without stopping.
- Avoid open stair constructions. This design allows you to see between and through the steps as if the steps were floating in mid-air.
Arein the knowledge?
Sign up for our newsletter with the latest stories and products we love.
Living room layout for cheap feng shui
Typically in modern homes, both the living room and dining room are located near the kitchen and are often part of an open floor plan that includes the kitchen. HeLiving roomIt will be the epicenter of much of the family's activity. It must be a space large enough to house the family and double to host social events and decoratedFarben Feng-Shuito promote positive socialization and family ties.
The best feng shui for dining rooms and dining areas
One of the most important rooms in your home is adining room. This room represents the abundance and wealth of the family. It must be accessible from the kitchen without being in the kitchen. As a symbol of abundance, the dining room should be open plan and large enough to accommodate family and visitors. If the dining room is part of a large room, a chandelier and a large table with a rug to anchor it can itself create positive energy.
Feng Shui Architecture
Choosing the right building site is of paramount importance in feng shui architecture. The contour of the land and surrounding land should be conducive to a favorable flow of chi energy. For example, you don't want to build on a hill. Like many of the rules of feng shui architecture, this rule comes in handy because building on a hill exposes the home and occupants to all the elements of nature without protection. Feng Shui rules state that the best place to build is halfway between the highest and lowest points of the mountain.
Cardinal Rule of Feng Shui Architecture
The basic rule for feng shui architecture is to strive to have a mountain behind your home or office and water in front. This is often symbolized in cities with tall skyscrapers imitating mountains and the streets serving as water.
Feng Shui goals for home design
The goal of designing a home following the rules and application of feng shui is to maximize the benefits of auspicious chi energy. Your feng shui floor plan and room placement will ensure you get the most use out of your feng shui home.
© 2023 LoveToKnow Media. All rights reserved.
How can I get positive energy at home feng shui? ›
- De-clutter. Get rid of things you haven't used in the last one year. ...
- Wind-chimes. Install wind chimes at the entrance of your door as these are known to usher in positive energy.
- Bad memories. ...
- Fresh Plants and flowers. ...
- Fresh air. ...
- Keep Your Entryway Clutter-Free, Well-Lit, and Laced With an Inviting Aroma. ...
- Designate a Place for Guest To Leave Their Shoes. ...
- Protect Your Kitchen. ...
- Shut the Bathroom Door (and Put the Toilet Seat Down) ...
- Be Sure the Living Room Doesn't Feel Like a Museum.
The key to positive chi in the home is to keep your space open, allowing a continuous flow of energy. Clearing out as much clutter as possible invites a "newness" into your home and life. Apartment Therapy recommends allowing at least 10 percent of empty space in each room. Keep shelves clean and tabletops clear.How do I bring energy to my house? ›
- Keep it bold and bright: Make sure these parts of your home get ample sunlight. ...
- Opt for symbolic shapes: A room with minimal furnishings, high ceilings with many windows supports abundance of yang. ...
- Bring in solids: Yang is defined by solidity and hardness.
Bedroom Vastu Tips for Positive Energy
Bed in a bedroom should be kept towards the south or west direction, as according to Vastu Shastra principles, it helps in improving mental health and improves sleep quality. Also, you should try to keep the bedding in either pink or in shades of red to signify romance or passion.
Red is probably the most popular color for a feng shui-inspired front door. In feng shui, red represents good luck, protection, and fire energy. The fire element aspect can help you to stand out, be seen, and bring overall inspiration into the home.Where is the wealth corner of a house? ›
Create a Wealth Corner
The feng shui Bagua (energy map) has an area dedicated to wealth. It's called Xun in Chinese and it's the top left corner of the Bagua. When you stand in your bedroom door (or the front door to your home), the far left back corner is the wealth corner.
- Make Yourself a Priority. ...
- Remember What's Fact and What's a Thought. ...
- Be Kind to Yourself. ...
- Use Positive Words. ...
- Smile More. ...
- Practice Gratitude. ...
- Work Towards Accomplishing a Goal. ...
- See Others in a Flattering Light.
The Health section is located in the center of your home or business. You would want to take a look at this location when you are sick or want overall better health, or even if you just feel out of balance or run down. The primary element of the Health section in Feng Shui is earth.What is female energy in feng shui? ›
Another key principle of feng shui is so-called 'balance', represented by the energies yin and yang. Yin symbolises feminine energy and is passive, cold and dark. Yang, on the other, symbolises masculine energy that is active, warm, and bright. The two energies complement each other and are constantly in motion.
How do you attract energy to luck? ›
- Maximize Opportunities: Keep trying new things.
- Listen To Hunches: Especially if it's an area where you have some experience, trust your intuition.
- Expect Good Fortune: Be an optimist. ...
- Turn Bad Luck Into Good: Don't dwell on the bad.